Novotel Melbourne on Collins
It’s an exciting time at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins and a great opportunity has become available for an Assistant Manager to join our professional and dynamic Front Office team.
Located in the heart of Melbourne, the Novotel Melbourne on Collins is an iconic 380 room hotel in walking distance of all the city has to offer. Situated above the luxurious and newly opened St Collins Lane Shopping Precinct, this unique property is a favourite for business and leisure travellers alike.
Reporting directly to the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that overall day-to-day hotel operations run smoothly and driving a guest-focussed culture across the entire team. As an Assistant Manager, your tasks and responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests.
• Have the necessary skills and training to actively resolve complaints and challenges presented by customers.
• Process and assist with check-in, check-out of guests, ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
• Lead by example when attending to guest requests.
• Provide guidance, support training and leadership to all employees.
• Take initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers are positive and productive.
• Monitor training and offer guidance to staff members whilst on shift.
• Assist in all areas of the Hotel during peak times to eliminate potential issues.
• Responsibility for the health and safety of all patrons, guests and staff members.
Your ability to ‘surprise’ our guests with your natural customer service style is what sets you apart from the rest. You are naturally a confident person who is able to approach people and initiate conversation along with a strong knowledge of Melbourne and surrounding area. You are able to manage your time and can handle juggling numerous tasks at once but still able to follow procedure and maintain a high awareness of security. You have experience in Opera, Microsoft Word and Outlook. You are available to work varied shifts from early mornings to late evenings, including weekends as per our business demands.
The successful candidate will have unlimited work rights in Australia and be flexible to work 38 hours per week. You will have experience in a similar role or environment, preferably in hotels.
In return, we will provide you with competitive salary package, career development opportunities, a fun and rewarding environment, dry cleaning as well as hotel discounts worldwide.