Are you a master in Human Connection? Can you foster relationships and use people’s stories to drive a truly incredible customer service experience? If so, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Meeting & Events Sales Executive to join Quay West Suites Melbourne.
Reporting to the Director of Sales your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all administrative work to ensure the smooth running of the Meetings & Events department.
- Participate in proactive sales discussions about potential opportunities in meetings and events that can maximise the hotels opportunities to increase revenue and client awareness.
- Identify and convert sales leads into new business opportunities. To drive revenue through developing accounts in the M&E sector
- Preparation of proposals/contracts, event orders and other correspondence related to the coordination and execution of successful events and appropriate after function follow up.
- Administration and coordination of a conference and/or event from start to finish including meet & greet with client and supporting front line staff as required.
- Prepare detailed conference/event orders, action plans and other relevant paperwork to effectively communicate guests’ needs to internal external stakeholders.
- Responsible for responding to client enquiries.
- Form a strong relationship with Food & Beverage Operations team to ensure smooth running of all events.
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record of performance, as well as:
- Previous sales experience including outbound calling and meeting established KPIs
- Knowledge of OPERA Sales & Marketing systems
- Offer outstanding service by providing the real deal to clients
Strong administration and coordination skills, especially in regards to deadline
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite essential
- The ability to find the “yes” in every situation, excellent attention to detail and great customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and professional telephone manner
- A friendly, outgoing personality and a high standard of personal presentation
- Excellent attention to detail
This is a highly rewarding, sought after role offering the opportunity to work with amazing industry professionals. Along with joining the Accor network of more than 4,900 hotels in over 90 countries and employ around 189,000 people. That means there’s a whole lot of amazing career experiences waiting for you!
Interested? Please send us a cover letter outlining the motivation behind your application as well as a detailed resume.