Are you ready to take your career to new heights?
About the Opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, dynamic and talented Operations Manager to lead the operational team at one of Australia’s most famous animal attractions, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium!
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for all aspects of SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium’s day to day operational performance – from the delivery of amazing and memorable experiences to each and every guest that walks through the doors to achievement of outstanding commercial results. The Operations Manager will be a key player in elevating SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium’s status within aquaria worldwide, ensuring impeccable standards, commercial excellence and the highest quality of health, safety and security.
The Operations Manager acts as the champion of guest service delivery above all else, and is responsible for setting and driving a culture of ‘guest-first’. They will be able to demonstrate both experience and passion in managing a diverse team, ensuring safety remains fully embedded in the culture of the business and driving commercial results through admissions, retail, food and beverage, photography and all high yield experiences. As a leader of people, the success of the Operations Manager will come from delivering a highly motivated and engaged team.
• Most importantly, you will have a passion for the underwater world! You will care about protecting our oceans and their creatures, and will thrive on the ability to deliver amazing discoveries and memorable experiences to each and every guest!
• You will have strong leadership and/or management experience, which should have been gained in a complex, multi-functional guest facing and commercial business.
• You are likely to be a current Head of Operations or an Operations Manager within a visitor attraction. You will possess strong people skills, excellent commercial and financial acumen; and you will have delivered tangible KPI improvements.
• You will be an adept critical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Your standards will be second to none, and you will have a strong aptitude for performance and change management.
• You will be a (calculated) risk taker, exploring options constantly to better the business, drive commerciality or deliver pioneering and innovative guest experience drivers.
• Key personal attributes will include excellent communication and motivational skills, a real passion for this business and the SEA LIFE brand, and what it stands for, and the ability to manage relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
This role is permanent, full-time based upon working 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays as required.
About the Benefits
Great people, great perks! Alongside a fun and collaborative environment, with a competitive salary, you can enjoy our amazing benefits package, including a discretionary company bonus, corporate partnership discounts, and of course, a Merlin Magic Pass, which entitles you and your family and friends free admission to all our attractions worldwide. Perhaps the biggest benefit of joining us however, are the invaluable opportunities for further career training and development across our ever-expanding group.
About Merlin Entertainments
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, nine hotels/three holiday villages in 23 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its c.60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands – including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND and the Eye – and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 26,000 employees.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://merlin.taleo.net/careersection/13/jobdetail.ftl →