VTIC coordinates the annual Visitor Information Centre (VIC) Summit, traditionally held in mid-August over three days in a host region.
Summits are a valuable opportunity for staff of Visitor Information Centres, Regional Tourism Boards and Local Government Tourism and Economic Development Officers to collectively share their learnings relating to visitor servicing, destination marketing and industry trends. The host region also provides delegates a means to gain product knowledge of the local area through coordinated familarisation tours.
In particular, the Summits aim to:
- Provide updates on key issues affecting the tourism industry and specifically management of Visitor Information Centres;
- Provide a forum to share knowledge, practical experiences and future innovations;
- Strengthen networks and build relationships amongst individuals, businesses, regions and local areas where tourism is a key economic driver;
- Examine the business values and practices needed to remain competitive and to provide professional visitor information services; and
- Encourage ongoing support for sustainable tourism growth in Victoria.
Previous summit locations:
2001 – Ballarat (Goldfields)
2002 – Shepparton (Murray)
2003 – Phillip Island
2004 – Lorne (Great Ocean Road)
2005 – Beechworth (Victoria’s High Country)
2006 – Halls Gap (Grampians)
2007 – Murray (Swan Hill)
2008 – Marysville (Yarra Valley)
2009 – Bendigo (Goldfields)
2010 – Warrnambool (Great Ocean Road)
2011 – Geelong (Great Ocean Road)
2012 – Melbourne
2013 – Lakes Entrance (East Gippsland)
2014 – Lancefield (Daylesford and Macedon Ranges)
2015 – Mornington & Frankston (Mornington Peninsula)
2016 – Shepparton (Murray)
2017 – Bass Coast and Phillip Island
Expressions of Interest Now Open- 2018 Victorian Visitor Information Centre Summit Host Region
Expressions of interest are now being sought from regions wishing to host the 2018 Victorian Visitor Information Centre Summit.
This Summit attracts over 100 visitor servicing and economic development professionals from across Victoria and provides a fantastic opportunity to showcase a region. In partnership with VTIC, a comprehensive professional development and networking opportunity is developed that aims to enhance the delivery and productivity of visitor servicing in an ever-changing environment.
Download the 2018 VIC Summit EOI
Expressions of Interest are due by close of business Friday 18 August 2017.