VTIC coordinates the annual Visitor Information Services Summit, traditionally held in mid-August over three days in a host region.
Summits are a valuable opportunity for staff of Visitor Information Services, Regional Tourism Boards and Local Government Tourism and Economic Development Officers to collectively share their learnings relating to visitor information servicing, destination marketing and industry trends. The host region also provides delegates a means to gain product knowledge of the local area through coordinated familarisation tours.
In particular, the Summits aim to:
- Provide updates on key issues affecting the tourism industry and specifically management of Visitor Information Services;
- Provide a forum to share knowledge, practical experiences and future innovations;
- Strengthen networks and build relationships amongst individuals, businesses, regions and local areas where tourism is a key economic driver;
- Examine the business values and practices needed to remain competitive and to provide professional visitor information services; and
- Encourage ongoing support for sustainable tourism growth in Victoria.
The 2018 Summit will be held in Bendigo 22 – 24 August.
Previous summit locations:
2017 – Bass Coast and Phillip Island
2016 – Shepparton (Murray)
2015 – Mornington & Frankston (Mornington Peninsula)
2014 – Lancefield (Daylesford and Macedon Ranges)
2013 – Lakes Entrance (East Gippsland)
2012 – Melbourne
2011 – Geelong (Great Ocean Road)
2010 – Warrnambool (Great Ocean Road)
2009 – Bendigo (Goldfields)
2008 – Marysville (Yarra Valley)
2007 – Murray (Swan Hill)
2006 – Halls Gap (Grampians)
2005 – Beechworth (Victoria’s High Country)
2004 – Lorne (Great Ocean Road)
2003 – Phillip Island
2002 – Shepparton (Murray)
2001 – Ballarat (Goldfields)
The VIS Summit attracts over 100 visitor servicing and economic development professionals from across Victoria and provides a fantastic opportunity to showcase a region. In partnership with VTIC, a comprehensive professional development and networking opportunity is developed that aims to enhance the delivery and productivity of visitor information servicing in an ever-changing environment.