A special Operator Workshop exploring the group buying trend will be held as part of the National Tourism & Events Excellence Conference on 16 July. Anecdotally, some tourism operators have got themselves into trouble with these deals, finding they become over-subscribed and have difficulties with staffing to meet demand. The workshop will include a panel discussion of the different experiences of group buying – positive and negative.
The panellist line-up for the Operator Workshop is as follows:
- Jared Baker, Scoopon
- George Josevski, Bunyip Tours
- Glen Driver, Driver Group
For a long time the message to operators has been to value-add rather than discount, however with the popularity of group discounting deals and the increased competition this presents, tourism operators are feeling the pressure to drop their prices. The panel will explore questions such as:
- How can group buying and discounting be used effectively?
- What are the pitfalls and how can they be avoided?
- How is the message of ‘quality over price’ best delivered to the customer? What strategies work?
- What marketing options are available for operators who choose not to participate in group buying?
For a special price of just $250, tourism and event operators are invited to a selection of the Conference’s keynote program, before breaking for the Operator Workshop.
To register or for more information, click here.