From time to time VTIC is notified of vacant positions within the tourism industry. If you would like to advertise a position on our website please email us.
Regional Exhibitions Officer, Valley Region - Yarra Ranges Council
Arts Culture & Heritage, Permanent Part Time
- Salary from $58,664 per annum (Band 5) pro rata, plus superannuation
- Permanent Part Time (60.8 hours per fortnight)
- Work outside regular hours and weekend work may be required
The Regional Exhibitions Officer delivers visual art outcomes for the Valley and Urban Regions of Yarra Ranges. The position is responsible for coordinating a regional exhibitions program for Memorial Hall Healesville, Upper Yarra Arts Centre and Mooroolbark's Red Earth Gallery. This includes curated and group exhibitions, gallery hire and support to exhibiting artists. The Regional Exhibitions Officer will also deliver programs associated with the three spaces.
The successful applicant will need:
- Museum or Arts qualifications and/or relevant experience in arts, museums or similar.
- Experience in developing and delivering temporary and/or touring exhibitions
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, including exhibition program logistics.
Click here for more information and to view the Position Description.
Applications close on 3 June 2013
Are you new to the industry and want to get your foot in the door?
The Young Tourism Network (YTN) is a membership based group designed for people who currently study or work in tourism and for people wanting to find out opportunities within the industry.
The YTN often emails their members with job opportunities, regular newsletters and holds various networking events throughout the year. Membership is $80.00 for 2 years and is a great way to meet and mix with people in the tourism industry.