Victoria Tourism Week will celebrate the amazing contribution that visitors make to the social and economic wellbeing of Victorians. In its first two years, it featured more than 100 events and captured the attention of hundreds of thousands of people across the state.
The Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) and Destination Melbourne understand that tourism touches everyone. We want all Victorians to gain a deeper understanding of how tourism works and have the opportunity to participate.
Through Victoria Tourism Week we aim to:
- Bring the tourism industry together in a positive and inclusive way
- Identify ways to improve the quality of the visitor experience
- Identify meaningful career paths for people who work in the industry
- Communicate and develop a greater understanding of the value of the visitor economy
- Bridge the city and country divide, formally and informally
- Encourage Victorians to get out and about in their own backyard.
Victoria Tourism Week is an industry-led initiative. Use this week to connect, identify opportunities and celebrate our unique and rewarding sector.
Key events include:
- Melbourne Tourism Industry Exchange
- The Melbourne Tourism Industry Leadership Dinner
- Tourism Industry Leadership Workshop: “Taking it to the next level”
- The Tourism Industry Amazing Race
- Local Council Tourism Breakfast – A Celebration of Local Tourism
- VTIC Industry Forum
- Download Victoria Tourism Week Program
- Submit your own Victoria Tourism Week event via our form here.