<strong>Chief Executive Dianne Smith:</strong>
The Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) congratulates the Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, Leader of the Labor Party, and Victorian Labor on their election to government.
On behalf of our members across the state we look forward to the implementation of the following commitments that will benefit the tourism and events industry, including:
– Funding for Sovereign Hill’s “Blood on the Southern Cross” experience.
– Support for the Ballarat Station precinct upgrade including proposed hotel and convention centre.
– Investment in upgrades to Geelong’s Simonds Stadium, Geelong Performing Arts Centre and St Kilda’s Palais Theatre.
– Support to further develop the Grampians Peaks Trail.
– Funding to grow Victoria’s wine industry through increased cellar door visitation.
– Commitment to widen the Tullamarine Freeway.
– Commitments to apprenticeships and training to support the creation of a well-trained, job-ready tourism workforce.
We urge the new government to make progress on this agenda as a priority, given its significance to the Victorian economy and wider business community.
VTIC looks forward to working with the new government to ensure that Victoria’s tourism industry can continue to offer exceptional visitor experiences, create thousands more jobs and achieve the ambitious targets detailed in Victoria’s 2020 Tourism Strategy.