Australia’s leading accreditation program has swept the field at this year’s Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, with ATAP accredited businesses winning the majority of medals.
ATAP businesses won the top honours in 15 out of 26 categories at the national awards presented in Melbourne last week, well ahead of other accreditation programs and non-accredited businesses.
Businesses accredited with ATAP represented more than 60 per cent of total winners, silver and bronze medallists combined.
ATAP Ltd Chairman Evan Hall said the successful showing by ATAP businesses proved the program was the best for developing quality tourism businesses across Australia.
“The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program improves the standard of all types of businesses across the country, delivering high-quality experiences for visitors and creating award-winning tourism businesses,” Mr Hall said.
“Accreditation provides customers with an assurance that participating businesses are committed to professionalism in both their business operations and delivery of service.”
More than half of the finalists in the highly prestigious national awards, or 92 out of 178, were accredited with ATAP.
ATAP is the only program available to all types of businesses and tourism products operating in the visitor economy, ranging from boutique accommodation to 4WD tours, cafes, zoos and retail shops. The standardised program is delivered online across all States, with more than 4,000 businesses currently accredited across Australia.
ATAP Ltd extends its congratulations to the following ATAP businesses, which were category winners:
· Sovereign Hill – Major Tourist Attractions
· Bruny Island Cruises – Tourist Attractions
· The Tasmanian Walking Company – Ecotourism
· Voyagers Ayers Rock Resort – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism
· Alice Springs Visitor Information Centre – Visitor Information Services
· The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel – Business Event Venue, Deluxe Accommodation
· Searoad Ferries – Major Tour and Transport Operators
· Top Drop Tours – Tour and Transport Operators
· Curringa Farm Tours and Accommodation – Hosted Accommodation
· Avalon Coastal Retreat – Self Contained Accommodation
· Moama on Murray Resort – Standard Accommodation
· Pumphouse Point – New Tourism Business
· Green Olive at Red Hill – Excellence in Food Tourism
· The Observatory Port Macquarie – Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
For more information about becoming accredited in Victoria, please contact ATAP on (03) 8662 5387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org