Senior Media Officer ($90,620 - $97,326) | Parks Victoria
- Support and assist with daily media duties and enquiries
- Develop your creative mindset to produce high-quality website and social media content
- Ongoing, full-time role, located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD
About the branch
The Marketing, Communications and Partnerships Division oversees all marketing, tourism, visitor experience, partnership experience, digital, media, communications and public relations activities to support Parks Victoria.
The focus of the Communications and Public Affairs team is to establish and represent Parks Victoria's brand and public reputation, through effective engagement as well as public, community, partnership, corporate communications, media relations, and reputational management.
About the role and your responsibilities
As the Senior Media Officer, you will be day-to-day proactive and reactive to media activities, enquiries, and requests to best manage the public reputation of Parks Victoria and its key internal and external stakeholders. You will assist in promoting the projects, services and achievements of Parks Victoria to staff, park users and the broader community through media, online and other communications channels.
In this role, you will be required to draft and deliver high-quality media responses and releases, training and development opportunities for staff undertaking interviews, while developing strategies and looking for proactive opportunities to profile the work of the organisation. You will be accountable for ensuring media, communications and project deadlines are met and tracked in regular corporate reporting. You will operate with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for media activities within their delegation.
We are looking for an individual with the following qualities:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contemporary media management and communications
- Tertiary qualified in journalism, communications or media-related discipline is highly desirable
- Experience working in a government or community sector organisation is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience preparing communications collateral including media responses, releases, interview briefings and key messages
- A current employee Working with Children card
Your application must include:
- Your current Resume
- A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as outlined in the position description.
Join our innovative organisation and enjoy what you do, apply today!
Application Closing date: Sunday 07 March 2021