Media Manager ($108,893 - $118,966) | Parks Victoria
- Manage day to day media operations and complex scenarios
- Lead enquiries from local, state-wide, national and international media outlets
- Ongoing, full time role located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD
About the branch
The Marketing, Communications and Partnerships Division oversees all marketing, tourism, visitor experience, partnership experience, digital, media, communications and public relations activities to support Parks Victoria.
The focus of the Communications and Public Affairs team is to establish and represent Parks Victoria's brand and public reputation, through effective engagement as well as public, community, partnership, corporate communications, media relations, and reputational management.
About the role and your responsibilities
This role is responsible for managing strong media relationships with media outlets, delivering strategic communications advice and collateral for proactive and reactive media opportunities and supporting Parks Victoria's leadership with issues management approaches.
The position is responsible for the coordination and actioning of media requests through internal and external stakeholders to best manage Parks Victoria's public reputation, while profiling the organisation's actions, services and achievements to the Victorian community.
We are looking for an individual with the following qualities:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in contemporary media management principles and best practices
- A tertiary qualification in a journalism, communications or media-related discipline is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership in media and communications with government or community sector organisations
- Ability to think quickly and strategically about short and long-term communications
- A current Employee Working with Children Check
Your application must include:
- Your current Resume
- A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as outlined in the position description.
Join our innovative organisation and enjoy what you do, apply today!
Application Closing date: Sunday 07 March 2021