Functions Coordinator | AFL
ABOUT THE ROLE
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. The AFL undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work within the Functions team to coordinate and deliver seamless, efficient and professional non-event day functions for a variety of clients with a superior customer service culture and service delivery ethic into the team, resulting in the delivery of exceptional experiences for our clients and their guests.
Please note, employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a Valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
A DAY IN THE LIFE – WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Regularly meet with client to establish event requirements and expectations
- Invoice clients as per contracted invoice schedule and monitor all incoming payments
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with venue departments, contractors, venue hirers, suppliers, sponsors and clients
- Create event run sheets and floorplans for distribution to clients and internal departments/contractors
- Co-ordinate the hiring/delivery of all event equipment and co-ordinate external suppliers on behalf of clients
- Assist Workforce Planning to roster and performance manage dedicated function staffing pool
- Liaise with the Marketing department for IPTV signage
- Establish rapport with guests and maintain a high level of service to clients
- Meet with client on event day to ensure requirements are met and Customer Service have been introduced
- Ensure familiarisation with the venue’s Emergency Management plan and procedures
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety policy and reporting requirements
- Post function follow up with clients to obtain feedback and debriefing information and report any operational issues.
- Understand and maintain COVID Safe Functions Plan
- Monitor client feedback and Customer Service debriefs and review with the team to improve the customer experience.
- Contribute to key projects within and outside of core role
- Create and finalise the monthly cleaning report for the Functions team and arrange sign off with Department Manager
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment during our peak periods
- A motivated and organised work ethic with the ability to work within deadlines
- Previous experience in an event co-ordination role, ideally within a membership or sports/event based organisation
- General knowledge of venue operations including workforce planning, security, facilities, cleaning, catering and audio visual
- Previous experience desirable with EBMS and AutoCAD
- Experience in motivating and supervising casual staff
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisational skills, including planning, prioritising work, scheduling and time management
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong reporting capabilities
- Understanding of OH&S and Emergency Management procedures
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
- Play Your Way – A flexible approach to your working life
Applications Close: 7 March 2021