TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of the material contained in this website, VTIC does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information in this website. The information is by way of general commentary only, subject to change without notice, and does not constitute the giving of advice.
VTIC does not warrant that this website, or any attachment to it, is free from computer viruses. VTIC has no control over the contents of websites maintained by third parties, which may be accessible through websites maintained by VTIC and makes no representation or warranty with respect to such websites or any information on such websites.
To the extent permitted by law, VTIC, its employees and agents disclaim liability (including liability by reason of negligence) to any person for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising as a result of any information, whether by reason of any error, omission, the currency or misrepresentation in the information or for any action taken by any person in reliance upon the information contained within this website or any other website which may be accessed through this website. You should seek specific professional advice before acting or refraining from acting on the basis of any of the information contained within this website or any other website which may be accessed through this website.
The contents of this website are copyright. You may access and/or display these pages on a computer or monitor as well as print out and copy for your personal use any whole page or pages in this website. All other use, copying or reproduction of any part of this website is prohibited except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Without limiting the foregoing, no part of this website may be reproduced on any other Internet site.
Placement of Order
Any order placed by you from this website is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or service for the stated price (including delivery and other charges) specified in this website at the time you place your order.
Acceptance of Order
Read the Terms of VTIC Membership below.
We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, such as the unavailability of any product or service, an error in the price of the product or service or an error in your order. As there may be reasons why we cannot fulfil your order, your contract with us will only come into existence when we advise you that we have accepted your order and receipt of your payment has been confirmed.
Prices of goods and services and delivery and other charges displayed on the VTIC website are current at the time of display. These prices are subject to variation without notice. We will always attempt to be as accurate as possible with our product descriptions and pricing. However, we are unable to warrant that product descriptions or other content of the website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
Credit Card Payments
Please note VTIC accepts VISA and Mastercard for credit card transactions.
The prices displayed will be the total purchase price, inclusive of GST (where applicable).
At the end of the payment process you will be presented with a receipt on-screen containing your order. The page can be printed for your reference. You will receive from VTIC a tax invoice/receipt for taxation purposes via email.
Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right not to provide goods or services, terminate membership accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders (or part thereof) at our sole discretion at any time. Without limiting the operation of any other Terms and Conditions herein, we will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from the exercising of these rights.
Cancellation by You
If you need to cancel an order, please contact us immediately. Our agreement with you only comes into existence once we have both confirmed your order and your payment has been processed. Once we have accepted payment for an order, cancellation of the order is within our sole discretion. Orders that cannot be cancelled will be subject to our terms, conditions and policies relating to Returns and Exchanges. In respect of membership and service subscriptions, VTIC’s practise is to send a renewal letter prior to the anniversary date of joining or subscribing, with the membership or subscription fee being payable within seven (7) days from the anniversary date. To cancel a membership or subscription during its term, you must notify VTIC in writing but no refunds (partial or full) will be issued for any unused portion of the membership or subscription, unless otherwise agreed with VTIC.
Returns and Exchanges
VTIC‘s terms, conditions and policies relating to Returns and Exchanges are as follows. They apply where a contract has been entered into between us.
- Purchases of VTIC publications may be returned or exchanged within 10 working days of distribution provided (to the extent permitted by law) all returned goods are unused, unopened, in original condition, undamaged and in a saleable condition upon return and you pay the delivery costs of the return as well as any re-delivery of the goods in the event of an exchange. In addition, the initial delivery fee will not be refunded.
- If goods are returned via the post, you must keep the appropriate proof of return. If the returned item goes missing in transit to us, we will deem you not to have returned the item.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 7 calendar days prior to the event with participants either transferring to another event or receiving a full refund.
- Fees for registration cancelled less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the event will not be refunded.
- You may substitute another participant at any time prior to the event’s commencement, should the nominated person be unable to attend. Notification of this change to firstname.lastname@example.org is required.
- VTIC reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event to an alternative date. All registered participants affected by such a cancellation will receive a full refund or be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available event but VTIC will not otherwise be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from the cancellation or postponing of the event.
Learning and Development
More than 14 calendar days prior to the event start date a participant may:
- Substitute attendee
- Transfer to a different course
- Apply for a refund of monies paid ($27.50 fee applies for cheque refunds)
14-8 calendar days prior to course start date a participant may:
- Substitute attendee
- Transfer to a different course
7 calendar days or less prior to the event start date a participant may:
- Substitute attendee
VTIC reserves the right to cancel or postpone a training session to an alternative date. All registered participants will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available training session or elect to receive a full refund for monies paid.
The Quality Tourism Framework (QTF) is a national program owned by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC). VTIC is licensed to manage the QTF programs (Accreditation, Star Ratings and the Victorian Tourism Awards) in Victoria on behalf of ATIC. All terms and conditions of the program are set by ATIC.
Terms of Membership
VTIC Constitution and Further Terms and Conditions relevant to membership services.
Victorian Tourism Industry Ltd (VTIC) is an industry association registered as a public company limited by guarantee of its members and operates subject to the Constitution of Victorian Tourism Industry Ltd (Constitution).
The Constitution bind both VTIC and members of VTIC. In the event of any inconsistency between these further terms and conditions and the Constitution, the Constitution prevails over these terms and conditions.
The Constitution contains provisions regarding:
- Nature of the Company;
- Composition and appointment of Directors;
- Management of business by the Board including Board meetings;
- General Meeting requirements;
- Appointment of the Secretary;
- Membership including classes, admission to membership, subscription, member requirement and member rights
- Resignation and termination of membership;
- Accounts and auditing;
- Winding up or dissolving;
Membership of VTIC is subject to the payment of annual membership or subscription fees for a period of 12 months unless otherwise notified. Each renewal of membership is for a further period of 12 months unless otherwise notified.
Membership or subscription fees
- You agree to pay the amount due and payable on any membership fee invoice or amended renewal notice within 30 days of such notice.
- Membership fees or subscription fees are not refundable.
- Membership fees or subscription fees will be reviewed annually and may be subject to increase at VTIC’s discretion. You will be given written notice of any change to the membership or subscription fees at least 7 days prior to date for renewal. You are deemed to have accepted such change unless you give written notice of cancellation of your membership within 7 days of notice of the change to the membership or subscription fees.
Renewal, suspension and cessation of membership services
- Prior to the renewal date for your membership each year an invoice with be issued via email.
- If your membership is not renewed by payment of the membership or subscription fees within 14 days of the due date on the renewal notice, VTIC will suspend the provision of all services to you. If your membership is not renewed by payment of the membership or subscription fees within 30 days VTIC may cancel the provision of all services to you. If you have not paid any membership or subscription fees within 90 days of the due date for payment, your membership of VTIC will cease.
- If you resign your membership of VTIC any membership or subscription fees paid are not refundable. VTIC will cease to provide all services to you upon receipt of your resignation as a member.
- Any unpaid membership or subscription fees that were due and payable at the time of resignation of your VTIC membership in relation to a period before your resignation remain due and payable to VTIC as a debt due.
- Written notice of resignation of your membership should be sent to email@example.com
Membership services and benefits
- VTIC provides its members with a range of services and benefits as part of its membership. The provision of such services and benefits is at all times at the absolute discretion of VTIC and is subject to change, variation or cancellation at any time. Details of VTIC‘s membership packages and the services and benefits offered by VTIC are provided on our website and are subject to change. VTIC makes no representation or promise that the services offered at the time of joining or renewal of membership will continue to be provided to members.
- If VTIC suspends the provision of services to you or cancels the provision of services to you as described above it will notify its third party providers of the suspension or cancellation of VTIC services to you and you may lose access to the benefits offered to VTIC members with that provider, in accordance with the arrangements you have in place with that provider.
Fair use of information and advice
- You agree that any information or advice provided to you by VTIC is provided for the use of the member-only unless otherwise agreed. You agree not to use the information or advice for commercial resale or gain. You agree not to provide such information or advice to any third party for the use or benefit of the third party.
- You agree not to use your access to VTIC information and advice to obtain information or advice for the use of a third party (including any subsidiaries or related companies that are not members if VTIC).
- In the event that information or advice provided to you by VTIC is provided to any third party VTIC reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of further services to you until such time as it is satisfied that you have ceased to do so. No refund of any membership fee paid will be due. Any unpaid membership fee will remain due and payable as a debt due to VTIC.
- VTIC reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of membership services if it believes the use of the services has been unreasonable or excessive.
- VTIC is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a member due to the non-provision of membership services to the member as a result of the suspension or cancellation of such services to the member or as a result of VTIC changing the services it provides or no longer offering services in the exercise of its discretion.
- Information provided by VTIC and its employees, officers and agents is of a general nature only and is not legal, accounting or other professional advice. While all reasonable endeavours are made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, VTIC accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information provided by VTIC, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of VTIC or not, as a result of information provided by VTIC being inaccurate.
- Any information or advice given by a VTIC employee in the nature of human resources or industrial advice whether over the telephone or in-person or in writing is based on the facts and information provided to the VTIC employee by the member. If incomplete or inaccurate information or facts is provided by the member that may change the advice or information that would be given by the VTIC employee, VTIC accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, or for any error in or omission in the information or advice provided by VTIC, or any loss or damage caused to the member or any other person whether a member of VTIC or not, as a result of information or advice provided by VTIC being inaccurate.
Without limiting these above disclaimers, no responsibility or liability is accepted by VTIC for any losses incurred in contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action, or any liability for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss from computer viruses or any indirect or consequential loss.
Subject to any condition, warranty, right or remedy conferred on you by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 for breach of a non-excludable condition or warranty, if a court determined that VTIC was liable to you for any proven losses, damages and claims arising out of the use of the membership services including but not limited to the information or advice referred to above, then its maximum aggregate liability is limited to the greater of the amount recovered by VTIC under its insurance policies or the sum of $1.00 in respect of the relevant loss, damage or claim. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of VTIC for a breach of a non-excludable condition or warranty is limited to either the re–supply of the membership service, information or advice or a refund of what you have paid VTIC for it.
VTIC urges you to obtain advice from an appropriately qualified professional before acting, or deciding not to act, on the basis of the information or advice provided by VTIC, its employees, officers and agents.
Changes to VTIC’s terms and conditions
- You agree that VTIC may change these terms and conditions at any time. VTIC agrees to publish any change to its terms and conditions on its website. VTIC‘s terms and conditions as published on its website apply until the date of any change to the terms and conditions published on VTIC’s website.
- You agree that VTIC may send to you any notices with regard to your membership, membership or subscription fees, renewal or VTIC services to you by email at the email address you have provided us at the time of joining VTIC or renewing your membership.