• Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC)
  • fb_icon
  • li_icon
  • tw_icon
  • yt_icon

Have you been impacted by the bushfires?

08 /01/ 2020 Comments are Closed

Emergency assistance payments and other non-financial support is available to people affected by the bushfires. 

Where to get help

For all incident and relief and recovery information, including both Victorian and Commonwealth Government assistance, please visit Emergency Victoria.

Personal well-being

It is normal to feel anxious or physically, mentally and emotionally unwell after a distressing or frightening event.

Support is available to you and your family from Lifeline (13 11 14), Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat) or at any of these services.

Financial support

Grants of up to $50,000 are available to eligible Victorian small businesses affected by the Victorian bushfires through the Small Business Recovery Grants Victoria.

Applications can be made via the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Applications close 31 December 2020.

Further information about financial assistance available to businesses, primary producers and individuals affected by the 2019-20 Victorian bushfires is available on the Bushfire Recovery Victoria website or 1800 560 760.

Workplace relations advice

Special provisions are available to employers whose business is disrupted by the bushfires. To find out about when an employer can stand an employee down, whether they need to be paid, and the difference between a stand down and a shutdown, and any workplace relations advice, please contact VTIC’s Workplace Relations helpline on 03 7035 5700.


The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has set up a national hotline (1800 734 621) for anyone with questions about their bushfire insurance, including helping to link them with their insurer if they have lost their documents.

Farm support

Landholders needing emergency fodder for livestock should contact the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) on 1300 882 833 between 9am and 5pm or email fodder@vff.org.au.


For all NSW related incident and relief and recovery information, please visit Emergency NSW and Rural Assistance Authority


About the Author


The peak body for Victoria's tourism and events industry, VTIC represents key industry associations and operators, with over 2,000 members.



08dec3:00 pm4:00 pmVTIC Insight Series- AustraliaNow3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Online

15dec6:00 pm8:00 pmVTIC Christmas Event6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Crown Aviary