Pullman Melbourne on the Park
Pullman Melbourne on the Park is a 419 room Hotel located in East Melbourne. The hotel has a restaurant and bar, state of the art conference facilities, pool and gym. We offer extensive Conference & Events facilities, comprising of a Grand Ballroom & 12 meeting rooms where we can host an array of meetings and events. These function spaces all offer unique elements to allow the flexibility & creativity to host memorable meetings and events.
A fantastic opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Associate Director of Sales (MICE) looking to develop their career with AccorHotels’ new generation of upscale hotels. Responsible for the development, promotion and sales activities within the corporate, conference and association MICE market on behalf of the Hotel. Specific markets will be targeted to achieve hotel budgets and individual / team objectives. Accelerate your career by joining the dynamic conference team at one of Melbourne’s iconic hotels and be part of our exciting redevelopment.
The successful applicant will possess excellent business acumen with effective communication, negotiation and time management skills. Importantly they will also demonstrate the strong personality and character required to engage with our guests and clients.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing you will be an integral part of the hotel’s leadership team and the Conference & Events team.
· Maximise market position and hotel performance as outlined in the sales and marketing strategy and budgets
· Achieve sales and revenue targets as outlined in KPIs, particularly in MICE segments
· Management of accounts/clients across certain markets to ensure business is retained and developed where possible
· Develop, sustain, maximise yield and grow business opportunities to meet hotel objectives
· Manage strong relationships with senior decision makers from key PCO’s, event planners, corporate accounts and agents
· Set and review business development strategies and activities.
· Train, inspire & develop the sales team
· Handle client complaints and resolve to meet their expectations
· Attending Local networking events and Trade shows to actively promote the Hotel
The successful candidate will possess:
· Previous experience in a similar role and possess strong desire to further develop a career within the hospitality industry;
· Excellent knowledge and skills using the Microsoft Office suite of applications are critical to the success in this role. If you have a solid working knowledge of Opera you will be a highly desired candidate;
· Ability to attend relevant workshops, tradeshows and presentations including interstate and outside of hours;
· You must be meticulously organised and have professional and highly articulate communication and presentation skills, strong project and people management skills along with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle tight deadlines.
To apply for this job please visit jobsataccor.com.au.