At Tennis Australia plans are well underway to deliver the most spectacular summer of tennis in 2020. The Australian Open and AO Series Events will be back bigger and better than ever. On top of this we are launching the ATP Cup, a premier team event held across Brisbane, Perth and Sydney, that will see the world’s top male players take to the court.
We are now looking for a talented Business Development Manager to join our Hospitality team to help deliver on our commercial targets. Reporting to the Hospitality Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the determination and execution of new business & upsell strategies with regard to Australian Summer of Tennis hospitality. This includes, but is not limited to, seating, dining and any other product deemed suitable as time develops. Additionally you will also be responsible for managing and mentoring a Sales person, working with them to obtain the best possible results.
In this role you will:
- Develop the hospitality sales strategy for new business and up-selling corporate hospitality packages
- Manage the creation of business plans to maximise fulfilment of business sales
- Execution of the sales strategy using current market contacts and developing new networks
- Presentation to key stakeholders and decision makers within the sales targets
- Manage inventory levels and expectations for the best revenue returns for the commercial team
- Build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with new and existing networks and client base
- Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience in solution selling in a corporate environment
- Ability to identify and implement sales strategies for new business and current networks
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and a good eye for detail including meticulous administration skills
- Experience in preparing presentations, briefs and proposals to corporate customers for high end investments
- Proven experience in key stakeholder relationships and management across various organisational levels
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or business will be highly regarded
- Alignment with the TA Values of: Excellence, Humility, Loyalty and Teamwork
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Tickets to the Australian Open
- Superbox tickets to concerts and events at Rod Laver & Melbourne Arenas
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Onsite gym & tennis facilities
- Flexible working practices
- Free car parking
- Salary packaging
- A range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close Sunday, 26th May 2019 at 11:00pm (AEST), however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.