Are you passionate about events and driving new business? We are looking for an exceptionalBusiness Development Manager to join our friendly Art Series team, based in the Melbourne CBD.
What your average day looks like
As our new Business Development Manager- ArtSeriesMICE, you will beresponsible for managing a portfolio of corporate bookers who focus on events, product and brand launches. Your role will grow these accounts through increasing marketshare/materialisation andfinding new opportunities for the future, you will also be responsible for converting leads received. Reporting to the Director of Sales for Art Series, you will also;
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existingcorporateMICE relationshipsinto allArt Seriesproperties
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with clients to ensure materialisation targets are met
- Create and execute account plans for key accounts within that portfolio
- Find and convert new business opportunities
- Proactively research, seek and convert new business opportunities including but not limited to, getting new hotels on account programs, group business, conference and events from within an allocated portfolio
- Qualifynew business leads sent to region and convert opportunites
- Initiate and drive new business activities including but not limited to, research, telemarketing and networking opportunities
- Understand the brand, its artists, their legacy and impact on Australian Art
- To advocate internally and externally the Art Series brand
- Understand the key revenue drivers of individual properties particularly need and align work flow accordingly
- Complete specific projects as directed by the regional sales and marketing management team.
- Develop relationships and align withMICE PCO’s and corporatesto grow new business for both Art Series Hotels and for AccorHotelsNationally
What we need from you
- Previous experience within a similar role either in MICE or Hotel Sales
- A desire to be an overachiever in sales
- A hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, and good organisational and communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
What you’ll get from us
In return for your energy, hard work and sense of fun, we offer you…
- Discounted rates at over 4,000 hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide.
- Fantastic discounts with JB HIFI, BUPA, Virgin Australia, Snap Fitness and many more!
- Structured, ongoing,goal driven learning and training for your personal development
- We’re one of the largest accommodation providers in Australia and we’re still growing!
- Gain amazing exposure, working for a growing, ASX listed Company – a leader in the industry
- Career progression and diversification will be a dream with the hundreds of properties in our portfolio