The role is responsible for the delivery of the overall customer experience in our most exclusive venue at Flemington Racecourse, The Chairman’s Club. Playing an important role in the retention of this membership base, you are the key contact on and outside of race days and must possess strong relationship building skills.
We want you to help design innovative customer experiences in line with Club business and brand strategies, using customer centric insights. You will understand what excellent look like in premium hospitality experiences and will strive for nothing less than world class at every opportunity across; guest communications, service, food and beverage, entertainment, environment design and technology.
The role sits within the Events and Entertainment team at the Victoria Racing Club, as such you may be required to assist the broader team to deliver events across the events Calendar at Flemington.
In your role you will:
- Work with the Customer Engagement team to create a Customer Value Proposition for the Chairman’s Club focusing on the benefits of Chairman’s Club membership.
- Oversee all aspects of running the Chairman’s Club on race days and non-race days, including:
- Management of operational performance
- Race day set-up, including floor plans and guest lists
- Liaison with external suppliers (e.g. catering, staffing, cleaning, florists etc.)
- Chairman’s Club member communications
- Develop/review event and activation concepts throughout the annual calendar. Identifying opportunities to partner with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. sponsors, suppliers) to add value while delivering the event.
- Manage the financial and budgetary components of activity in the Chairman’s Club, including food and beverage levy accounts.
- Regularly liaise with Chairman’s Club members to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Actively promote the Chairman’s Club to encourage cross-functional collaboration and team input.
- Administer annual Chairman’s Club membership renewals and sales of new Chairman’s Club Memberships.
- Monitor all monthly financial data, by reviewing performance against targets. Identify and act on issues and cost saving opportunities. Report on budget anomalies and ensure budgets have appropriate procedures, controls and systems to meet budgets.
- Problem solve POS related issues and Member payments during and post race day.
- Analyse members’ information in CRM, POS, SwiftPOS and Qlikview to better understand and act upon trends.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to co-ordinate Chairman’s Club branding and associated printed collateral.
- Collaborate with the digital team to manage and maintain Chairman’s Club information on the VRC website
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer focused organisation delivering a premium experience.
- High level of event management or hospitality experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- An appreciation and passion for culinary and beverage experiences
- Excellent organisational planning, project management and presentation skills.
- High-level negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High self-motivation skills and ability to set and work towards deadlines/milestones.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent administration skills and well-developed computer literacy for Excel, Word, MS Office and a working knowledge of Events Perfect.
- Embraces change, is influential and persuasive.
- Proven capabilities in budget management.
This role requires flexible hours and weekend work across race days at Flemington. This is a fulltime role and available for immediate start.