Pullman/Mercure Melbourne Albert Park
An exciting opportunity to join our dynamic sales team, creating unforgettable guest experiences and selling the largest Accor conference centre in the region!
• As part of our Sales Team, you will be responsible for securing conferences and events from initial enquiry through to contracting, including accommodation, event space and food and beverage packages
• You will liaise with our Event Planning and Reservations teams to ensure effective and detailed handover of all confirmed events
• You will develop relationships with key clients including on site and off site entertainment
• You will host site inspections of the hotel for new and existing clients, PCOs and event planners
• You will represent the hotel at client networking events
• You will assist with business development activities at the hotel
31 flexible meeting spaces including our impressive Grand Ballroom with 6.2m high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows overlooking Albert Park & Lake and capacity for up to 1,200 guests. Across the hotel we specialise in a wide variety of events including large scale residential conferences, exhibitions, social functions and day meetings. We offer the total package to our guests with 378 guest rooms across two hotel brands and onsite facilities including Windows Restaurant, Atrium Bar, Espresso Bar, Executive Lounge and Lizzie’s Lane.
What you need to shine
• Knowledge or previous experience of MICE Sales an advantage
• DELPHI and OPERA experience an advantage
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to build relationships and a commitment to high service standards to secure business
• Desire for continuous improvement of sales skills and driven to meet targets
– Working with an exciting and driven Sales team and opportunity for mentoring by experienced Sales Managers
– Focus on continuing training and career development
– International discounts on Accommodation, Food and Beverage and other tourism services
To apply for this job please visit jobsataccor.com.au.