About the business
Visit Victoria is Victoria’s primary tourism, business and major events company that focusses on curating and communicating the depth and diversity of Victoria’s inspiring experiences to intrastate, interstate and international visitors, organisations and associations.
About the role
This is a 1 year fixed term role.
- As the Digital Analyst – Channels, you will assist with the analysis and interpretation of consumer, trade and media data to provide strategic insights to inform Visit Victoria’s global marketing and digital strategies across consumer digital channels.
- Reporting to the Product Owner, Data, Analytics & Automation within the Digital, Data & Innovation team, you will work closely with Destination Marketing, Major Events, Business Events team and industry partners to support our global go-to-market strategies, with a focus on the use of data analytics to improve targeted consumer communications based on location, behaviour, affinity and interest.
- Develop and deliver strategic consumer data analysis and insights, using data mining, knowledge discovery, and insightful trend analysis across all sources of customer data – segmented by demographics, geography, lifecycle – to improve engagement and conversion.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of data management and reporting platforms and vendor relationships.
- Manage digital channel reporting dashboards and tracking for all digital campaigns and activities.
- Work with Destination Marketing team to embed data & audience management framework across all paid and owned media campaigns, including setup, integration, optimisation and reporting.
- Conduct competitive and in-depth website and audience analysis and benchmarking to support campaign planning, content development and digital strategy.
- Analyse and interpret data trends and draw deep actionable insights for digital optimisation, personalisation, marketing and strategic digital opportunities.
- Recommend tagging strategies and implementation guides for tagging, audience targeting and testing, and strategic data growth initiatives.
- Provide strategic advice to support Visit Victoria’s technology innovation roadmap.
- Support organisation-wide initiatives to introduce and embed best practice for data acquisition and audience management activity and strategies within Visit Victoria.
- Previous experience in data and digital marketing with excellent understanding of commercial data, data structure and segmentation.
- Excellent analysis skills, including experience utilising data visualisation tools.
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in agile methodologies.
- Strong experience with data management platform operation and utilisation for digital media activation.
- Strong experience working with web analytic and measurement tools such as, but not limited to, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Extensive working knowledge in SEO, SEM and Social Media management.
- Knowledge and exposure to digital marketing automation platforms.