Do you enjoy leading a team of Sales and Marketing professionals? Do you enjoy generating sales leads and meeting with prospective new clients? Ready to build and develop marketing across more than one brand?
If this sounds like you, read on…..
This role will be based at The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure and Mercure Welcome Melbourne complex located right in the heart of the CBD where you will be working for the Erdigroup – a privately owned company that operates a successful collection of hotels and businesses throughout Australia.
Working for the Erdigroup gives you the benefit of working for an international hotel group with worldwide accommodation discounts and fantastic training and career opportunities, combined with the benefits of working for a successful business with a dynamic team environment!
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will be an integral part of the hotel’s management team and will be responsible forboth hotelsoverall Sales and Marketing function, including but not limited to the following:
- develop, sustain, maximise yield and grow business from all target market segments to meet the budgeted revenue
- manage strong relationships with senior decision makers from key PCO’s, corporate accounts and travel agents
- set and review sales strategy for business development, sales and marketing
- develop, implement and monitor sales and marketing campaigns
- provide input into the Business Unit’s annual budget
- liaise with Head Office on relevant initiatives
- staff development
- handle client complaints and forward on to relevant departments
Your days will be spent:
- Working with our Associate Director of Sales to manage a portfolio of major accounts that have specific potential for both our properties;
- Researching new business opportunities for both properties;
- Working closely with ACCOR National Sales to identify and target business opportunities for our hotels;
- Working with ACCOR and internal management to undertake a full rebrand of one of our properties to a 5 star hotel in late 2019;
- Huge emphasis on repositioning the hotel during the process and post the rebrand;
- Implementing sales and marketing targets and KPIs for the team;
- Mentoring of the wider ErdiGroup sales team including business development and revenue teams;
- Managing creative, social and digital marketing for the Group, this includes Accor, Rydges and our own Brand in Hotel Urban St Leonard’s;
- Ability to manage distribution strategies working with our Revenue teams;
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role and possess strong desire to further develop a career within the hospitality industry;
- Previous experience within ACCOR is preferred;
- Previous experience with rebranding a hotel would be preferred but not mandatory;
- Excellent knowledge and skills using the Microsoft Office suite of applications are critical to the success in this role. If you have a solid working knowledge of Opera you will be a highly desired candidate;
- Ability to attend relevant workshops, tradeshows and presentations including interstate and outside of hours;
- You must be meticulously organised and have professional and highly articulate communication and presentation skills, strong project and people management skills along with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle tight deadlines.
If you think you are what we are looking for and have the passion and experience to make a difference to our Hotels, send us a covering letter along with your resume.
In return, we will offer you a progressive and dynamic company to work with, great industry perks, a highly competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a valuable and significant contribution to the success of the ErdiGroup. Please note that only people with working rights in Australia will be eligible to apply for this role and only successful candidates will be contacted.