We are looking for a driven and passionate Director of Sales – Conference and Events to join our friendly team, based in Melbourne.
Getting to know the role and your responsibilities
You will be responsible for establishing new business opportunities and aligning sales strategies to the requirements of the business. Additionally, you will be the primary point of contact for sales enquiries across all market segments.
Along with developing and executing sales and marketing plans, you will produce daily, weekly and monthly sales activity reports; therefore you will be self-disciplined, with excellent organisational skills and the ability to operate in a fast paced and ever changing environment. We are seeking someone who has strong initiative, energy and drive and has the ability to foster firm relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
Your activities on the ground with networking and property familiarisations, as well as promoting Accors presence in the local community will be supported with strategic guidance and tools from the corporate office local area, regional sales and marketing teams. As a sales expert, you will have at least 3 years experience in a sales role, specifically in new business development and preferably within the hospitality sector. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and you will have immaculate personal presentation and grooming. You will also find it easy to work in the office with a team as well as autonomously out on the road.
- Primary point of sales liaison for a portfolio of Key Accounts
- Assisting to drive national opportunities into all Mantra Group Hotels
- Understand and develop strategies in line with key revenue drivers for properties
- Work with the wider sales team to implement strategies across the corporate and sports and entertainment market segments as directed
- Write an account plan for nominated key accounts and ensure all activities are conducted to drive materialisation, including but not limited to total account management, quarterly account reviews, entertainment and product updates
- Undertake specific revenue and sales projects as directed
- Develop relationships and align with consortia agents to grow new business for Mantra Group
- Represent Mantra Group at National, State and local Trade events
- Provide monthly sales analysis and reports within nominated time frames
- Conduct famils, site inspections and sales blitz’s are required across all market segments
What we need from you
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A desire to be an overachiever in Hotel sales
- A hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, and good organisational and communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Hotel or Travel Management is a must.
What you’ll get from us
In return for your energy, hard work and sense of fun, we offer you…
- Discounted rates at over 4,000 hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide.
- Fantastic discounts with JB HIFI, BUPA, Virgin Australia, Snap Fitness and many more!
- Structured, ongoing,goal driven learning and training for your personal development
- We’re one of the largest accommodation providers in Australia and we’re still growing!
- Gain amazing exposure, working for a growing, ASX listed Company – a leader in the industry
- Career progression and diversification will be a dream with the hundreds of properties in our portfolio