Visit Victoria is Victoria’s primary tourism, business and major events company that focusses on curating and communicating the depth and diversity of Victoria’s inspiring experiences to intrastate, interstate and international visitors, organisations and associations.
Visit Victoria’s prime objective is to build Victoria into Australia’s number one tourism destination by delivering strong and sustainable growth across the sector. The business operates in a collaborative and agile environment that informs, connects and partners with industry and the Victorian State Government to amplify Victoria’s brand in domestic and international markets.
For further details on Visit Victoria, please visit our website: corporate.visitvictoria.com.au
Our values: We win as one; We are brave; We are authentic; Promises made, Promises kept; We are results driven
About the role:
This role is responsible for developing the strategic direction that will grow the visitor economy by maximising economic and branding benefits from Victoria’s extensive calendar of major events. Managing and leveraging benefits from major event contracts are the key focus of this role which requires extensive knowledge and experience in event marketing, tourism, contract and relationship management.
- Lead, mentor and manage the Event Marketing & Relationships team.
- Oversee the negotiation, development, implementation and management, including oversight of milestones and compliance, of Visit Victoria’s major event funding contracts.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Visit Victoria’s major events strategy.
- Oversee Visit Victoria’s strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure leverage and delivery of Brand Melbourne and Victoria to fully maximise economic impact and exposure for Victoria.
- Manage the development and execution of Event-led marketing campaigns to drive visitation to Melbourne and Victoria, and profile the city and the state as a major event and tourism destination.
- In collaboration with Marketing, contribute to the development of marketing campaigns that leverage Major Events in support of Melbourne and Victoria Brand strategies and business objectives.
- Direct the development of submissions, briefs and reports on technical, contentious or highly complex issues for the consideration of the executive, board, government departments, Ministers and cabinet committees.
- Demonstrated management experience in a marketing organisation including expertise in major events marketing with a proven track record in leading the development and implementation of strategies to maximise tourism benefits from major events.
- Demonstrated expertise in effectively developing and managing high profile major event funding agreements and an understanding of the requirements and protocols associated with public sector funding.
- High level people management, budget management and communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes and prepare complex and highly confidential reports and submissions.
- High level interpersonal skills, proven ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of event-related and government stakeholders.
- Well-developed understanding of Victoria’s tourism brands, products and experiences and Visit Victoria’s marketing and organisation objectives.
- Tertiary Qualification in any of the following: tourism, marketing, event or business management will be highly regarded
Application Close 18 February 2019
Employment Full Time