Website Hepburn Shire Council
We are currently seeking a passionate individual to oversee the smooth operation of Hepburn Shire Visitor Services for 12-month fixed term parental leave contract.
– 12-month Fixed Term Full Time role | Tuesday – Saturday
– Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a. plus 9.5% super
– Monthly RDO
– Commencing June 2019
Hepburn Shire Council offers a supportive, professional and motivating work environment with recent changes positively influencing the way we work. It is an exciting and opportune time to join Our Council with its strong community values and a focus on delivering a customer first approach. Become part of the journey to help shape a progressive future for the region.
About the role
Working in a vibrant team environment the Visitor Experience Officer is responsible for providing supervision for the day-to-day operations of the Daylesford Regional Visitor Information Centres (VIC) and supporting operations at our Creswick, Trentham & Clunes VIC’s as required, including retail and budget management and business engagement initiatives. Providing a quality visitor experience is a core focus of this role and will suit an individual who has previous experience in tourism and/or marketing and has the desire to work with a diverse community.
A well-organised, proactive and friendly approach is essential, to ensure customer service excellence. You will be responsible for rostering and managing a team of dedicated volunteers across the VIC’s ensuring adequate training and support is given, providing assistance and guidance to ensure all visitors who engage with the VIC’s receive accurate, timely and unbiased information and leave feeling inspired. A flair for creativity would be advantageous as you will be required to manage Council’s digital tourist information presence, to actively promote local tourism and businesses and advocate attraction strategies for our region through brochure management.
The Regional VIC remains open all year round with the exception of Christmas Day. As such, this role requires the successful individual to work Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am – 5:15pm with a monthly RDO. It is important to note that this role is required to work on Public Holidays however Council provide a day in lieu to recompense.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
– A passion for providing high quality customer service and an interest in the Shire and the incredible experiences it has to offer.
– Tertiary qualifications in tourism or marketing or relevant transferable experience along with relevant experience and understanding of Visitor Information Centre and/or a similar facility’s operations.
– Experience managing volunteers and/or staff.
– Strong experience using computer systems and software including MS Office.
– Strong communication skills with an ability to relate well with a diverse range of people and
– Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK, click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit your application including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s Employment Opportunities web page. For a confidential discussion please contact Julie Nixon, Visitor Experience Officer on (03) 5321 6100.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.