The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) [the National Trust] is seeking a Learning Facilitator to join our team.
The successful candidate will deliver and coordinate a newly developed education program which includes Indigenous and non-Indigenous activities, stories and history to be presented to group education bookings and to the general public. The position is primarily located at McCrae Homestead and is on a casual basis.
This is an Indigenous Identified role open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The successful candidate with work in partnership with the Bunurong Land Council to develop program content and delivery.
Reporting to the Mornington Peninsula Properties Manager and the Cultural Engagement Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver an education program which includes Indigenous and non-Indigenous activities, stories and history
- Facilitate tours for booked groups (primarily education) to the public, and coordinate aspects of group activities on the day
- Deliver presentations according to agreed session plans and guide notes
- Work with National Trust staff to improve the presentation and interpretation of the education program/site
- Work as part of a team and possible work at other National Trust sites as required
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and cultures
- Knowledge of the Bunurong heritage (desirable)
- Excellent presentation skills and outgoing, friendly, confident manner
- Ability to take a collaborative approach to assist with performing end to end tasks
- Well organised and good time management
- Confidently manage a group of adults and children with a wide ranging audience from school students, to mixed age members of the public
- Tourism guide experience and/or qualifications in running educational programs
- Relevant post-secondary/tertiary qualifications. Education background desirable
- Flexibility, for example willingness to work some full day, half day and weekend shifts where required
This newly developed program has been created in partnership with the Bunurong Land Council.