We are currently seeking to appoint a Media Sales Executive to join our ambitious team and play a fundamental part driving new revenue and increase existing revenue across the suite of our Media assets.
Based at Flemington and reporting to the Head of Commercial Media Partnerships, this will entail developing and collating all media related assets and offerings within the Club and driving commercial outcomes across the existing corporate partnership base as well as seeking new revenue from the broader advertising market both domestically and internationally. VRC assets will include social media initiatives, bespoke content, LED signage, web assets and broadcast integration packages. Additionally this role will exist to create new assets for Sponsorship to incorporate into sponsorship packages.
We are seeking someone currently working as a Media Sales Executive or an Executive currently working in the space who is ready to take the next step in their career and work with our Head of Commercial Media Partnerships to make this role their own.
- Achieve sales targets for VRC assets in market
- Value all VRC media inventory
- Commercialise agreed existing media assets across the club
- Reporting and budgeting
- Commercialising bespoke content created by VRC
- Identify key international opportunities
- Work with VRC media partners to develop further revenue generation opportunities
- Have demonstrated sales experience, preferably within a media sales environment sales including digital media and the media market place both regionally and internationally and ideally gained in a sporting or events environment.
- You must be a team player who has clear goals and one who sets and achieves a high standard of excellence in work ethic and commitment
- Have demonstrated ability in being able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Have the ability to keep abreast of market trends and changes in an evolving technology space
- You must be able to think outside its traditional parameters and sell creatively across platforms.
- You must be a great communicator and networker with established media networks and be a strong negotiator is essential, one that is commercial and is driven by positive financial outcomes.
- You must be digitally savvy with a sound knowledge & understanding of social media platforms.
- You should be accountable, solutions driven, socially smart, tenacious and extremely organized, have the ability to work well under pressure.
Key Points to Note
- You will be required to work across all Melbourne Cup Carnival days and other major race days throughout the year
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to share the VRC vision, “The VRC is treasured by all as a world leader in racing & event entertainment, guaranteeing an unrivalled experience”
- Join a company that wants to develop your career
- Health and Wellbeing programs including EAP
- Industry ticketing and VRC membership
- Personal travel insurance cover
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee discounts
- Work in beautiful surroundings at Flemington racecourse!