At Sofitel Melbourne On Collins we are obsessed with blending our French heritage with our local culture to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. Everything we do, we do to make sure our people feel welcome and valued. Sofitel Melbourne has 363 rooms and suites that encompass the French art de vivre blended with cosmopolitan Melbourne style.
We have an opportunity for a passionate Reservation Sales Manager to join our luxury hotel located in the Melbourne CBD, to lead our reservations team. This role will see you ensuring that the quality procedures are followed in receiving, processing and confirming hotel reservations. Working closely with the Director of Revenue, you will ensure we achieve maximum yield while motivating and developing our reservations team.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- Implement revenue management methods and pricing strategies to maximise yield
- Communicate to the relevant hotel departments regarding strategy, planning and unexpected changes to the market
- Work with the Director of Revenue and General Manager to accurately forecast on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all requests for reservations are actioned promptly and recorded accurately
- Constant maintenance of reservations systems through updating of rates, validity dates, mail messages, and availability control
- Manage arrivals and no shows and ensure that information is recorded correctly and reservations are accurate with correct supporting documentation
- Manage groups to ensure that rooming lists, arrival times, meal arrangements are correct
- Manage return guest program, ensuring that regular guests are correctly linked to guest history and other departments are aware of special needs
- Maintain regular communication with the Sales team, ensuring that any leads are passed onto the appropriate person
- Manage relationship between Front Office and Reservations, to achieve seamless check in and check out of all guests
As the successful applicant, you will bring:
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to lead by example and an ongoing commitment to team development
- Solid experience in both revenue and reservations with an excellent understanding of systems and efficient workflow processes
- Solid understanding of the sales process and reservations operations
- Advanced level of computer literacy, especially Excel, and experience using Opera/ FDC for reservations
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to handle tight deadlines
To be successful in this role, you are currently in a similar role wanting to progress your career. You possess a clear understanding of hotel operations and have excellent communication and influencing skills. You are an advanced user of Microsoft Excel and have experience with a Revenue Management system, such as EZ RMS.
Status: Full time ($70000 p/a)