- Be a key player, contributing to an exciting growth period
- Bring brands to life through innovative and collaborative partnerships
- Leadership role, managing two teams
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and cultural tenants.
Federation Square hosts up to 2000 events, and attracts on average 10 million visits annually. Therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world and is one of Melbourne’s top tourist locations. Employees receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
Reporting to the GM of Commercial and Public Engagement (C&PE) an exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Senior Manager, Program and Partnerships. This role is responsible for identifying opportunities for partnerships that lead to growth in FSPL’s market position as a unique and iconic location.
This leadership position will actively participate in the C&PE Management Team to deliver on the strategic priorities, build and manage key client relationships and mentor and develop the Commercial Partnerships Team, and the Programming team.
It will focus on achieving financial, civic and cultural objectives through the implementation of a calendar of programming supported by commercial imperatives.
New Business Development
- Manage and qualify new partnership leads from prospective partners
- Develop new event concepts with an underlying commercial model
- Regularly review and update Fed Square sponsorship and advertising packages for the sales team to take to market
- Maintain and evolve Partnership Agreements through the delivery of client debriefs and reports including performance data, analytics and ROI
- Develop strong relationships with industry and commercial partners to ensure a smooth and seamless integration of processes to interface with Fed Square
- Engage with teams in Fed Square to ensure operational delivery to corporate clients is seamless
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on market conditions and creative trends with a view to developing new services and products.
- Apply knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Leadership and Management
- Leadership and oversight of the Program and Business Development team, including championing brand and corporate values
- Submit monthly progress reports and ensure accuracy of data
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team through the tracking and recording of activity on accounts
- Present business development training and mentoring to relevant internal staff
Our ideal candidate has:
- Significant experience in managing corporate partnerships portfolios and client relationships, including a demonstrated understanding of social impact and corporate social responsibility principles and practices
- Experience in successfully leading and developing teams
- Extensive experience in helping brands achieve their objectives in sales and sponsorship
- Successfully managed sponsorship agreements through a high level of partner brand knowledge and account servicing
- Developed a strong sponsorship pipeline through the signing of long-term partnership agreements
- Successfully built a forward-looking sales plan
- High level of competence in commercial contract interpretation, negotiation and implementation
- Competence in the use of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience in a senior leadership role reporting to GM or CEO level, responsible for delivering and reporting on revenue and commercial activities is required.
- Relevant tertiary qualification would be desirable
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role should be submitted by midnight Sunday 20 January 2019 to email@example.com – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the advertisement, so please do not delay applying