Website MPT Travel Corporation
Office Administrator in the Tourism Industry – Dynamic Business with Small Team and Luxury Product.
Full or Part Time Role Negotiable. Great experience for people starting their tourism careers!
Do you have the confidence and ability to think on your feet and liaise with suppliers, clients and travel agents? Are you well presented, highly articulate and do you possess a flexible and fierce work ethic?
MPT Travel Corporation is an operator of luxury private touring services throughout Melbourne and Victoria under the brand name Melbourne Private Tours. Launched in 2006 by a pair of young tourism entrepreneurs, the business has grown into a fast-paced, dynamic operation with a small, passionate team of tourism professionals who are motivated by a commitment to quality and innovation.
We are currently seeking a ‘go-getter’ who wants to carve their own niche within the travel industry. You will be a good all-rounder with a positive approach that will fit in well with our small friendly team. As the first point of contact for many of our clients and suppliers, you will represent our brand with outstanding customer service and communication skills.
Duties will include:
• General office administration
• Executive assistance to the General Manager
• Responding to client enquiries
• Assisting with tour planning
• Supplier bookings, confirmations and negotiations
• Answering the office phone
• Customer/Supplier invoice approval
• Data entry (e.g. 3rd party website maintenance)
• Vehicle maintenance scheduling and reporting
Our office is based in an inner-city Melbourne suburb, close to all forms of public transport, and surrounded by some of the city’s best cafes and restaurants. This role is Monday-Friday, but some additional weekend/after hours
and holiday work may be required from time to time during peak tourism seasons, as well handling our after-hours phone one week per month.
Essential skills include:
• A friendly, enthusiastic, courteous and professional demeanour
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment managing multiple tasks at once
• Fluency in English, and the ability to communicate written and verbally in a manner indicative of a luxury travel brand
• Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
Desirable skills include:
• Familiarisation with the international inbound tourism industry as it relates to Victoria
• Creative writing skills
• Proficiency in a language other than English (Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese preferred)
Please send your up to date resume with an accompanying cover letter (identifying your relevant experience and skills to the duties listed above) to Glen Driver firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.