- Are you an exceptional Leader?
- Do you possess world class Event and Operational expertise?
- Are you looking to bring your passion and enthusiasm to lead one of Victoria’s most exciting events?
Join us at Melbourne & Olympic Parks
Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) is the heart of sports and entertainment in Australia! We are proud to host an extensive range of events, most notably the Australian Open, along with high profile artists and entertainment. We also look after several high-profile sporting teams year around. We strive to deliver world-class experiences for our clients through our venues and facilities at Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park, Melbourne Arena and Margaret Court Arena.
At M&OP we are passionate about what we do and committed to delivering world class customer experiences every day. How do we do this? By seeking out the best talent to build a high performance, integrated organisation that creates a thriving precinct – committed to excellence, every event, every person, every time.
We are looking to welcome a Venue Director on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Venue Director is responsible for the strategic leadership of Melbourne & Olympic Park’s prestigious annual event, the Australian Open (AO). The role is responsible for ensuring that the entire Melbourne & Olympic Park’s workforce prepares relentlessly to ensure that M&OP meet their contractual obligations and deliver operational excellence to the AO not only in 2020 but in future years to come.
What you will bring to the role
- Inspirational and dynamic communication. A communicator with influence and excellent negotiating skills
- Proven experience to motivate and inspire a broad team through effective leadership and development
- Political acumen and exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Evidence of strategic thinking while maintaining a firm grasp of operational priorities
- High level project management and decision making skills in multiple activity and complex environments
- Strong analytical skills in solving issues and developing solutions that hold up to scrutiny both internally and externally.
- Proven track record of managing significant budget and experience of managing business partner/contractor/supplier contracts and relationships
- Ability to create a great service environment, with a strong customer and quality service focus that delivers an outstanding guest experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks.
- Ability to remain calm, demonstrate tenacity, integrity and a “can do” attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience of operating within an advanced risk management structure
Knowledge & Experience
- Venue & Events planning and delivery experience within an arena, major stadium, mixed entertainment environment or similar environment. (managing environment with large crowd capacities & multiple offerings)
- In-depth knowledge of venue management including crowd management and security, event operations and related service environments.
- Sound regulatory and legal compliance knowledge and understanding of implications to the business
- Proven experience at a senior level within event management operations at a national or international level
If you have the essential knowledge, skills and experience to achieve success in this role, and you want to work within a collaborative, supportive and fun environment, then we want to hear from you!For further information on our recruitment process and M&OP’s culture and benefits, visit our careers page at www.mopt.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities/
If you would like further information or a Position Description for the role, please contact People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org