More than 140 attendees gained practical advice on managing their business’ reputation online at a sold-out TripAdvisor forum hosted by VTIC in partnership with the Accommodation Association of Australia on 18 February. Speakers included TripAdvisor Head of Industry Relations Brian Payea, Tourism Victoria Social Media Manager Phil Lees, Tourism Australia T-QUAL Project Manager Antonia Sherry and Habitat HQ’s Karyn Harte.
Brian Payea, from Boston, USA, delivered key business insights to help operators address the challenges and opportunities associated with TripAdvisor.
He shared eight key TripAdvisor tips, including:
- Register with TripAdvisor’s Management Centre
- Encourage reviews
- Get notified of reviews and track them
- Write a management response
- Include a description of hotel and amenities
- Add photos and videos
- Add a widget from the Widget Centre
- Add direct contact information with Business Listings.