TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
VTIC Constitution and Further Terms and Conditions relevant to membership services
Victorian Tourism Industry Ltd (VTIC) is an industry association registered as a public company limited by guarantee of its members and operates subject to the Constitution of Victorian Tourism Industry Ltd (Constitution).
The Constitution bind both VTIC and members of VTIC. In the event of any inconsistency between these further terms and conditions and the Constitution, the Constitution prevails over these terms and conditions.
The Constitution contains provisions regarding:
- Nature of the Company;
- Composition and appointment of Directors;
- Management of business by the Board including Board meetings;
- General Meeting requirements;
- Appointment of the Secretary;
- Membership including classes, admission to membership, subscription, member requirement and member rights
- Resignation and termination of membership;
- Accounts and auditing;
- Winding up or dissolving;
Membership of VTIC is subject to the payment of annual membership or subscription fees for a period of 12 months unless otherwise notified. Each renewal of membership is for a further period of 12 months unless otherwise notified.
Membership or subscription fees
- You agree to pay the amount due and payable on any membership fee invoice or amended renewal notice within 30 days of such notice.
- Membership fees or subscription fees are not refundable.
- Membership fees or subscription fees will be reviewed annually and may be subject to increase at VTIC’s discretion. You will be given written notice of any change to the membership or subscription fees at least 7 days prior to date for renewal. You are deemed to have accepted such change unless you give written notice of cancellation of your membership within 7 days of notice of the change to the membership or subscription fees.
Renewal, suspension and cessation of membership services
- Prior to the renewal date for your membership each year an invoice with be issued via email.
- If your membership is not renewed by payment of the membership or subscription fees within 14 days of the due date on the renewal notice, VTIC will suspend the provision of all services to you. If your membership is not renewed by payment of the membership or subscription fees within 30 days VTIC may cancel the provision of all services to you. If you have not paid any membership or subscription fees within 90 days of the due date for payment your membership of VTIC will cease.
- If you resign your membership of VTIC any membership or subscription fees paid are not refundable. VTIC will cease to provide all services to you upon receipt of your resignation as a member.
- Any unpaid membership or subscription fees that were due and payable at the time of resignation of your VTIC membership in relation to a period before your resignation remain due and payable to VTIC as a debt due.
- Written notice of resignation of your membership should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership services and benefits
- VTIC provides its members with a range of services and benefits as part of its membership. The provision of such services and benefits is at all times at the absolute discretion of VTIC and is subject to change, variation or cancellation at any time. Details of VTIC‘s membership packages and the services and benefits offered by VTIC are provided on our website and are subject to change. VTIC makes no representation or promise that the services offered at the time of joining or renewal of membership will continue to be provided to members.
- If VTIC suspends the provision of services to you or cancels the provision of services to you as described above it will notify its third party providers of the suspension or cancellation of VTIC services to you and you may lose access to the benefits offered to VTIC members with that provider, in accordance with the arrangements you have in place with that provider.
Fair use of information and advice
- You agree that any information or advice provided to you by VTIC is provided for the use of the member-only unless otherwise agreed. You agree not to use the information or advice for commercial resale or gain. You agree not to provide such information or advice to any third party for the use or benefit of the third party.
- You agree not to use your access to VTIC information and advice to obtain information or advice for the use of a third party (including any subsidiaries or related companies that are not members if VTIC).
- In the event that information or advice provided to you by VTIC is provided to any third party VTIC reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of further services to you until such time as it is satisfied that you have ceased to do so. No refund of any membership fee paid will be due. Any unpaid membership fee will remain due and payable as a debt due to VTIC.
- VTIC reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of membership services if it believes the use of the services has been unreasonable or excessive.
- VTIC is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a member due to the non-provision of membership services to the member as a result of the suspension or cancellation of such services to the member or as a result of VTIC changing the services it provides or no longer offering services in the exercise of its discretion.
- Information provided by VTIC and its employees, officers and agents is of a general nature only and is not legal, accounting or other professional advice. While all reasonable endeavours are made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, VTIC accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information provided by VTIC, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of VTIC or not, as a result of information provided by VTIC being inaccurate.
- Any information or advice given by a VTIC employee in the nature of human resources or industrial advice whether over the telephone or in-person or in writing is based on the facts and information provided to the VTIC employee by the member. If incomplete or inaccurate information or facts is provided by the member that may change the advice or information that would be given by the VTIC employee, VTIC accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, or for any error in or omission in the information or advice provided by VTIC, or any loss or damage caused to the member or any other person whether a member of VTIC or not, as a result of information or advice provided by VTIC being inaccurate.
Without limiting these above disclaimers, no responsibility or liability is accepted by VTIC for any losses incurred in contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action, or any liability for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss from computer viruses or any indirect or consequential loss.
Subject to any condition, warranty, right or remedy conferred on you by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 for breach of a non-excludable condition or warranty, if a court determined that VTIC was liable to you for any proven losses, damages and claims arising out of the use of the membership services including but not limited to the information or advice referred to above, then its maximum aggregate liability is limited to the greater of the amount recovered by VTIC under its insurance policies or the sum of $1.00 in respect of the relevant loss, damage or claim. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of VTIC for a breach of a non-excludable condition or warranty is limited to either the re–supply of the membership service, information or advice or a refund of what you have paid VTIC for it.
VTIC urges you to obtain advice from an appropriately qualified professional before acting, or deciding not to act, on the basis of the information or advice provided by VTIC, its employees, officers and agents.
Changes to VTIC’s terms and conditions
- You agree that VTIC may change these terms and conditions at any time. VTIC agrees to publish any change to its terms and conditions on its website. VTIC‘s terms and conditions as published on its website apply until the date of any change to the terms and conditions published on VTIC’s website.
- You agree that VTIC may send to you any notices with regard to your membership, membership or subscription fees, renewal or VTIC services to you by email at the email address you have provided us at the time of joining VTIC or renewing your membership.