LOCAL GOVERNMENT & TOURISM ORGANISATION DEVELOPMENT AWARD
An award to foster innovation & support professional growth
Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) works hard to encourage industry and professional development in Victoria’s tourism and events sector.
VTIC’s ‘Local Government and Tourism Organisation Development Award’ recognises the significant role played by Victoria’s regional, local government and collective tourism organisations and offers employees a unique opportunity to receive a $10,000 (incl. GST) grant towards professional industry development.
This Award encourages employees from these organisations to demonstrate innovation and leadership in their respective tourism and events sectors.
In order to qualify for the Award, you must be:
- Currently working in the tourism and events industry
- Working for an organisation that is a VTIC / VEIC member (Essential, Complete or Premium memberships)
- Employed by (includes managers, executive officers and volunteers);
- A regional or local tourism organisation, such as a Regional Tourism Board, Regional Tourism Association or Local Tourism Association;
- Visitor Information Centre;
- Local government;
- Or collective tourism organisation, such as the Great Southern Touring Route
- Complete all sections of the assessment form and submit all required material
VTIC is proud to announce that applications for the Local Government and Tourism Organisation Development Award are now open.
VTIC conducted a webinar to help potential applicants effectively address the assessment criteria & provide submission direction.
Download the webinar presentation here.
The Award will be presented at VTIC’s Annual General Meeting which coincides with Victoria Tourism Week.
For more information and to apply please see the attachment provided.
Applications for the 2014 Award have closed.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM & DETAILS >>
Please note that State Tourism Organisation employees are not eligible for this Award.