Transformative Technology Workshop - A Visitability Forum Finding digital solutions to engage your staff and enhance guest and visitor experiences. Destination Melbourne and Tourism Accommodation Australia (Victoria) bring you, the Transformative Technology
Transformative Technology Workshop – A Visitability Forum
Finding digital solutions to engage your staff and enhance guest and visitor experiences.
Destination Melbourne and Tourism Accommodation Australia (Victoria) bring you, the Transformative Technology Workshop – finding digital solutions to engage your staff and enhance guest and visitor experiences.
Visitors are becoming more and more tech savvy, so it’s important to ensure that your approach to using new technology meets their expectations.
Facilitated by Simon Waller, you will hear from leading experts in this three-hour workshop. We’ll look at how we can approach technology in a way that proactively seeks out opportunities to improve your business processes and the whole customer journey.
What you will learn
- Discover the latest transformative technologies that are relevant to tourism and hospitality operators
- Understand ways to improve employee efficiency
- Enhance guest and visitor experiences from the first point of contact
- You’ll also receive a download copy of Simon Waller’s book, The Digital Champion: Connecting the Dots Between People, Work and Technology. This practical guide will give you a kick start to identifying and implementing valuable technology projects.
1) Introduction by Simon Waller
Overview of macro trends and key transformative technologies
Introduction to ‘digital champions’ as a bottom up approach to driving technology improvements
How technology has evolved but our approach to its adoption hasn’t
How we can simultaneously meet the needs of all people involved in our organisations, both employees and customers.
2) Leveraging these trends to your advantage with Simon
Empowering people to improve internal processes
Creating a point of difference in a competitive market place
Working smarter to enhance the visitor experience.
3) Panel discussion
Experts in their fields will provide further insights into ways that technology is being used to transform our visitor industry
Lindsay Goding GAO Group International – covering WeChat and the newly designed Global Ballooning app
James Bate, Senior Associate (Hospitality) WG Architects – technology future, including energy, recycling, smart systems and the benefits to your business
Tom Amos, CEO and Co-founder Sidekicker – connecting businesses with an on demand workforce of pre-screened skilled staff, all with the click of a button.
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Citadines on Bourke
131-135 Bourke Street Melbourne