Curious about what Australians are really thinking about in planning their next trip, what’s their motivation and mindset? In this session, Melissa Laurie, Tripadvisor’s Principal Client Partner, Asia Pacific, shared
Curious about what Australians are really thinking about in planning their next trip, what’s their motivation and mindset? In this session, Melissa Laurie, Tripadvisor’s Principal Client Partner, Asia Pacific, shared Tripadvisor’s latest Australian travel research and shed a light on key trends that you need to know.
Melissa unpacked how the Tripadvisor community researches, plans and then decides to book, plus, shared free tools and tips to maximise your online brand presence.
- A snapshot of the Australian consumer mindset and insights in a COVID-Safe environment
- What will be important to people in planning their getaways
- Tips and tools to help you connect better with your customers on Tripadvisor.
- How can I get a business listing on Tripadvisor? Here is the resource: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/GetListedNew
- How do businesses access the COVID-safety area? You will need to log in to your management centre and will be able to access the COVID-19 safety tools.
- We have a basic Tripadvisor listing but not the business management backend. Are we also able to enter the COVID-19 measures? Yes, feel free to read further here.
- As part of our COVID-19 compliance, we may need to collect guests contact details for contact tracing purposes. Is Tripadvisor amending their booking form to collect all guests details that booking our product or service? Not at this stage.
- Can the QR code be used to direct customers to other websites, or perhaps items like an accommodation compendium? At this stage, the QR code is for the hospitality sector.
- What strategies do you have to prevent fraudulent reviews? Please refer to details here .
- Some of our farmgate operators have noticed that between lockdown 1.0 and 2.0 where their stock levels where not where they would normally be because of COVID they have received a number got a 2-star reviews – what would you recommend to businesses that have experienced this? Responding to the review and explain the situation – refer to the example of Yabby Lake winery and how they responded to an unfavourable customer review. There is more information and tips on responding here.
- Will the brand of Tripadvisor remain? What is the link with Viator? Tripadvisor owns Viator. Tripadvisor owns a variety of websites which you can see here.
- My tour business was initially listed with Tripadvisor and then migrated to Viator. Do the listings double up? Viator and Tripadvisor are two different platforms, however, Tripadvisor owns Viator – your listing would be extended across both platforms for more reach.
- Usually after receiving the Certificate of Excellence for the 5th year you awarded Hall of Fame. Is this occurring this year? An update on Tripadvisor’s awards programs for 2020 is here.
- We didn’t receive any information about this year’s Tripadvisor awards – were they cancelled? An update on Tripadvisor’s awards programs for 2020 is here. The travellers choice TA awards have been announced https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/TravelersChoice
- For a destination how do we ensure that we have ownerships of all of assets? This is a paid sponsorship and can be discussed further if you would like to explore.
- We would like to increase the number of Things to Do in our area- is there a best practice to do this? The best way to do this is to increase the business listings in your area by creating new business listing pages on Tripadvisor.
- If we have tours in the trending regions, how do we ensure we can leverage off that increased interest? Can we #tag our products with regions so we show up in results for a particular area? You can use the customer testimonials and promote the great feedback about the tours – social proof is key!
- I note that Melbourne is your number one search for cities. Given there are none of our usual demand drivers of events, sport and retail could you please advise some clarity around actual bookings v search results. This piece of data was based on browsing habits – what consumers are searching on TA, not bookings
- How can a venue/restaurant/winery etc use TripAdvisor to promote local experiences nearby? We have launched a new self-service platform to launch advertising to promote local experiences https://tripadvisormediamanager.com/
About Melissa Laurie
Principal Client Partner, Asia Pacific- Tripadvisor
Melissa has over 10 years of media experience in Asia Pacific, working with brands in tourism, FMCG, finance, auto, retail, parenting, hospitality and technology.
Melissa’s focus is to help businesses strengthen their online presence to reach customers through all stages of the digital marketing funnel and achieve growth. Melissa dissects trends and audience insights to help educate people to feel empowered about online media.
Melissa’s role at Tripadvisor sees her overseeing the media strategy across a diverse client network in the Asia Pacific region including tourism boards, airlines, attractions, cruise, car rental and finance. Melissa develops marketing programs which are innovative, result-driven and cultivate long-term partnerships and has been instrumental in expanding Tripadvisor’s media presence in Australia and developing successful business acquisitions.
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Victoria Tourism Industry Councilinfo@vtic.com.au